Posted on Montgomery County's website on Tuesday, September 7, 2021
NORRISTOWN, PA – This week, Montgomery County will operate a Multi-Agency Resource Center (MARC) for residents affected by Hurricane Ida. The MARC will be open on Wednesday, September 8 from 12 noon to 7 p.m. and on Thursday, September 9 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Montgomery County residents with any unmet needs incurred as a result of the storm are encouraged to visit the MARC during these time.
The MARC will be located at 2 W. Lafayette Street, Norristown, PA 19401, the headquarters of the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. Parking will be available on site. The MARC is also within walking distance of SEPTA’s Norristown Transportation Center, providing access to numerous bus routes and the Norristown High Speed Line. Regional Rail service on the Manayunk/Norristown Line between Spring Mill and Norristown remains suspended due to storm damage.
Spanish translators and American Sign Language interpreters will be available to assist residents in accessing various services. Masks are required for anyone entering the building, regardless of vaccination status.
At the MARC, residents can meet with representatives from the following agencies and organizations (listed alphabetically):
- American Red Cross
- Bridgeport Borough
- Community Connections
- Horsham Township
- Lower Providence Township
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Montgomery County Department of Commerce
- Montgomery County Department of Public Safety
- Montgomery County Office of Public Health
- Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Norristown Borough
- Office of Mental Health & Mobile Crisis (DCORT)
- Office of Senator Amanda Cappelletti
- Office of Senator Katie Muth
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency
- Pennsylvania Insurance Commission
- Salvation Army
- Southeast Pennsylvania Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD)
- Upper Dublin Township
- Upper Providence Township
- Veteran’s Affairs of Montgomery County
- Victim Services of Montgomery County
- Your Way Home
This list is subject to change. For an up-to-date listing of participating organizations, visit www.montcopa.org/ida.
Storm updates will continue to be posted on the County website at www.montcopa.org/ida. Residents are encouraged to check this page for updates as the recovery operations continue. Residents can also opt-in to receive text updates by texting MontcoIda to 888-777.